1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Pranks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3OctaveFart, Oct 2, 2012.

1. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

So let's hear them from the gallery.
    I'll go first.
    Back in the day I lived around a few drug addicts.
    It was obviously late on friday and saturday nights when they were most drugged out.
    So I'd take a lazer pointer and shine it into their windows to give the effect of police or ambulance lights.
    This would really fire them up ... all lights would go off and the shades would come down all the way in seconds.
    Good times.
    Your stories?

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Can't see anyone topping that knee-slapper.

Thread over.

3. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I don't recall inviting you to post on my thread.
    Begone.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This was a mild prank but the lady's reaction is what made it funny.

I once set the receptionists computer to announce the time every 15 minutes. To say this woman was clueless most of the time would be an understatement. She thought a website she was on was doing it and loved that she knew what time it was. This went on for a couple weeks until she heard me snickering while she was telling someone about how great this website was. I was known as a joker in the office so when she heard me laughing she finally put 2 and 2 together.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This one time, at band camp, we stuck a wine box up my friend's ass. It was so funny.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Did the old "tin foil everything in sight" gag when a colleague went on vacation. He came back to find his whole desk, along with each and every single item upon it, wrapped in silver. Did his chair and trash can, too. Even did the phone cord separately.

Of course, I got the blame as I had the rep of an instigator. And when I took a few days off, I came back to an elaborate cardboard house built around my desk, complete with a door. For a few days, I left it up. Finally had my own office!

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

In college, my roommate's computer start-up music was able to be altered. So I record a piece from an Adam Sandler bit off one of his 1st comedy cds where he is saying "We are two guys and we are FUCKING". I looped it a few times for fun.
    I then changed his desktop background to a very graphic gay sex picture of two guys going at it.

That was fun.

I don't know if this is a "prank" per se, but I laughed:
    Last day of work for a co-worker of mine. He left a "upper-decker" in the waiting room bathroom. (To explain: He took the top off the water tank, dumped in there, wiped and flushed)

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Keep it simple...

Saran Wrap + toilet seat = Pure hilarity.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Called up a friend pretending to be a pharmacist. Told him that his prescription to treat his VD was ready. He said he didn't have a prescription that I had made a mistake. I pretended to look over the files and said that I did make a mistake. It was for his wife. Man did shit hit the fan then.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

At my high school, three weeks before graduation, we dry poured the numbers "88" on the football field in dry fertilizer. The circles were about 20 yards in diameter.

When we graduated, you could see a burned "88" in the videos, but for a few years aftyer that, you could always see an "88" on the field in bright green.

---

Got a letterhead from a minor league baseball team and wrote a letter to a staff member (this was at a summer camp after we visited the team for a game) that the team did not appreciate his aggressively hitting on one of the interns who was only 16 years old.

We let him sweat for a couple of hours.

----

Told a kid at camp that the Mets and A's traded Piazza for Giambi no questions asked. There were no cell phones and no communication basically to the outside world at this camp when they were there. He wrote letters home saying how excited he was for the Mets to have Giambi, but he would miss Piazza...

This went on for a couple of weeks, then his parents came on visiting day and spilled the beans.

More to come as I remember them.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Back in college - and I'm sure we had a very good reason for doing this - while a guy on our dorm floor was asleep in his room we moved every bit of furniture that wasn't bolted down, except the bed he was sleeping in, out of his room and set it up in the shower. We even hung up the posters and the plants.

The guy slept through the whole thing. His roommate, who was down the hall in the study lounge, wasn't amused when he came back to the room. I've still got a picture of the shower room somewhere.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My senior year of high school we were kind of fucked as far as doing a senior prank was concerned. The class before mine had trashed the place and they hired a nighttime security guard for the month leading up to graduation...

I was the TA for the football coach, so I had keys to his office, the weight room, the gym and the equipment room. The keys all fit into any of the schools locks, but they could only turn if it was the right one... This was annoying as hell unless you had the keys properly marked because it would frequently take several tries to get the right key to work.

I took the gym key because almost every teacher had one and just about every student who was a TA had them as well and we made 70 copies of it. We knew the security guard showed up at 8, so six of us met at about 6:30 and we put the keys into every lock in the school and broke them off...

We had the whole school done in less than 10 minutes... It took them three hours to open the doors and the staff seemed remarkably impressed that we'd pulled off a prank that seemed clever and minimally destructive. At my 20-year reunion, the principal (who was a vice-principal in 1992) said it was the best prank pulled off since he started at the school in 1986.

Draft saved Draft deleted