1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best political coverage on TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, May 7, 2008.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Now that is news I can use! ;D [​IMG]

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good to look at, but a laughable, preprogrammed airhead.

3. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Speaking of blondes, I like Mika Brzezinski on MSNBC/Morning Joe. She's the product of a life of privilege, which puts her in a demographic I can't relate to, but she's witty and knowledgeable. Think she has good chemistry with Scarborough, too.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How did we live without the smartboard?

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I tend to watch MSNBC, if for no other reason than it seems to be less repetitive than the others: five questions to some unknown talking head, next day same five questions to another unknown talking head, day after that same five questions to . . .

None of them are very good.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I prefer information over opinion, so I like Chuck Todd on MSNBC and John King on election night.

King can use the smartboard to do a county by county breakdown-- nobody else has that. Chuck Todd is just a nerd when it comes to electoral stuff, and he's great.

I like Russert because he's tapped in. During a live hit, he will usually throw in a "as one Clinton operative just told me on the phone..." etc. etc.

If I do want an opinon, nobody beats the freshness of Gergen. Or "Gergs" as we call him the Lugnut household.

So I usually flip b'tween CNN and MSNBC to catch those folks. Olbermann is so far up Obama's butt it's become sad.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    At least the wife of a pro QB is a far better upgrade that what you see above. I'll listen to Hasselback before I spend a nanosecond to hear Rosie O'Blowhard.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Fixed.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I can think of one person who's an even bigger Mika Brezinski fan: Mika Brzezinski.

I usually stick to MSNBC too. NBC News has an infinitely deeper talent pool than any other network and they farm them out to MSNBC on big election nights. If they put people in the right places they're very good, but often the talent is just miscast. (One example: Norah O'Donnell is a good reporter, not a good host/anchor. When they put her on the anchor desk it's clumsy and slow; when she has a smaller role she's much, much better.)

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

LOVE Chuck Todd. He makes political geek chic'

I've become an MSNBC fan largely for the same reason as PCLoadLetter: their deep bench. Problem is, Matthews grates on my nerves something fierce.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Neither one is worthy of a second of mental engagement.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Just don't let either one of them put a gun to your head and make you choose. Hell, I would pull the trigger myself and take the easy way out.

Draft saved Draft deleted