1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best political coverage on TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, May 7, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Whichever one has the most bloggers.

3. The View's Elizabeth Hasselbeck.

4. I prefer MSNBC and have been at various times through his tenure(s) at the station, a big fan of Olbermann. But he's so in the tank for Obama that he's starting to treat Hillary with the same snide vindictiveness that he usually saves for Dubya, and that's kinda pissing me off.

An Scarborough's morning show is OK. Beats the hell of out Mike & Mike.

5. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I usually agree, but I did enjoy seeing Donna Brazile rip Lanny Davis, Paul Begala, and Castellanos a new asshole last night. That was FUN. TO. WATCH.

6. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

Lanny Davis ... I couldn't remember the guy's name on another post. I didn't get to see much of his spin last night. My wife flipped it to MSNBC as soon as they said he was coming on. That's how tired she is of the Clinton camp.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was really impressed with CNN last night. I don't think the "magic wall" would be half as effective, if it didn't have someone with King's insight making it work. You turn over to Fox and they have to bring in Rove (who admittedly knows his stuff but brings along some baggage) to do the same thing. MSNBC folks tend to talk amongst themselves too much, Fox's news panel is so slanted with conservatives it's like they're not even trying to be neutral, and while CNN does get cluttered a bit with their three lines of pundits, they each offer some interesting insight and anecdotes instead of mere opinion.
    Donna Brazile, David Gergen and Lanny Davis provided some great TV.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I don't care what channel I watch, because I like to listen to analysis from different perspectives. It's hard for me to watch CNN in large chunks because of Cooper and all of those lightweight wannabes Bernard Shaws they have througout the day. However, if Donna Brazile is on, I want to know how she sees it. And last night, Lanny Davis attempting to talk shit for the Clinton camp was funny as be damned. MSNBC is decent, though I wish sometimes that Olbermann would reign in most of his swarminess viatrol and let Matthews and Russert do their thing. A couple of zingers here and there, but let Matthews make a fool of himself and let Russert show why he's so motherfucking great. BTW, I thought K.O. was a Clintonite? The way he talking when Ferraro got loose sounded like someone who was pleading for Hillary not to let an atomic bomb wipe her, and Bill, out of the picture.

Yes, I watch Fox to hear their angles as well (I have to hear both sides). You know, given his history and baggage, Rove was pretty good. He cut through the bullshit and said this is what each candidate has to do to keep momentum, gain votes, and not fuck up (yes that's ironic for him). Then again, I didn't think Bob Knight would be good on the Four-Letter breaking down the Big Dance either.

Russert, Greenfield, Schneider, Shields, and Gigot are the heavies I go to for a breakdown of politics.

9. I wouldn't buy an apple from Tim Russert, who's probably the biggest fake on television.

10. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

11. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

In case you missed it:

her exchange w/Lanny Davis was better, but I can't find it yet.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fen, what would like in exchange for Russert and the cart full of Washington apples? I want to make sure that you receive a better upgrade! ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted