1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best part of the Mets losing is . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I think she did......I seem to remember her wearing a white fur hat, and twirling her hands everytime the Mets were at bat to distract the Sox pitching. Every pitch, 4 games......

I was 12 at the time and I hated that lady more and more as the Series went on.....I would have killed her given the chance, 6 years in juvie hall would have been worth it.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't have to listen to that stupid-ass Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose, Jose chant anymore.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

... nothing. I can't stand the fricking Cardinals.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Greedy rat bastard traitor. You're not an idiot, at least on this count. It's a phrase I've used in every reference to his Glavineness since he defected. Buckweaver thinks I need professional help and that I need to let it go. I just can't. An irrational grudge, perhaps, but it's mine.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yo, novelist, how about cheap fuck Braves making low-ball offer to Glavine?

6. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Actually, the best part about the Mets losing is:
    We don't have to watch Rick Peterson A) chewing on that rolled up lineup card all game, and B) putting his hands all over the pitchers when he goes out to talk to them.

And it also won't be terrible to not see David Wright wipe his nose with his uniform top before every pitch.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, it wasn't as lowball as you losing a bet that requires that logo on your posts. Kudos for being man enough to pay up.

8. Some idiot can start a thread on SportsJournalists.com to throw even more hatred towards New York and New Yorkers.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Steinbrenner won't be as irrational this offseason and raise the payroll to $300 million.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Haha ... we've been over this about a dozen times already. Novelist doesn't care. It's a totally irrational grudge that he doesn't hold against Maddux or Millwood or anyone else who had to leave Atlanta under similar budgetary circumstances. (Yes, Millwood was traded but it was a payroll move by a hands-are-tied Schuerholz.)

Fuckabuncha Time Warner.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

1) That a Missouri team is playing in the World Series.

2) That Carlos Beltran is not.

3) That St. Louis' payroll is nowhere near the Mets'.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Cardinals winning is good? Beltran -- who got traded and did not leave free agency -- not playing the World Series is bad?

And you call yourself a Royals fan?

Draft saved Draft deleted