1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best NFL uniform that was abandoned.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 1, 2006.

?

If you could pick one uniform for the NFL to immediately re-activate, which would it be?

1. San Diego Chargers' poweder blues and white helmet

41 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. New England Patriots red, white and clue, with white hiking minuteman helmet

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Vermeil-era Eagles, kelly green with cream-colored band around upper arm along with white and silver

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Montana-era 49ers. Simple, dominant scarlet, gold and white with no trim at all on the uniform, exce

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. Buccaneer Bruce and Agent Orange (hey I know this ain't getting the votes... but I LOVED this unifor

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I love the Chargers' powder blue unis, but the home ones are just as awesome. I don't much care for the blue jersey-white pants combo, but when they go blue-blue it looks great.

Am I the only one that likes the Falcons' current unis? I just wasn't a fan of the just black unis they had when Vick started playing. But I love the red ones they used to wear a long time ago.

I hate what the Eagles have done to their unis. They had it going with the green with silver piping in the early 90s. I just think the ones they have now look atrocious.

2. Bears00

Bears00 Member

How can the Rams' old unis with the bright blue and bright yellow not be mentioned here?

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Because they were hideously ugly.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I am pleasantly surprised that a franchise that did so many screwed-up things (before 1998) never did screw up its uniform.

The old Colts' unis did have bigger numbers (and no names), but all things being considered, I think they look great in 2006 vis a vis many others.

And if you want a nice Rams' uniform, go back even further --- before the blue and gold --- to the blue and white of Deacon Jones and Roman Gabriel.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Second that. Now the blue/white Rams combo was pretty nice.

6. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I like the Falcons' current look very much. Thought the Glanville-inspired black-on-black look was really stupid, especially the fact that they kept it going long after he had been shitcanned.

Voted for the Chargers, and I also liked the Bucs' orange, even though it was ugly. The pewter doesn't do it for me.

I know the team is long gone, but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the old Luv Ya Blue Oilers uniforms. The powder blue was classic.

7. KYSportsWriter

Those things were ugly. And that comes from a Rams fan.

8. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

The Cardinals never should have redesigned their uniforms. Also, the Falcons should go back to this:
    [​IMG]

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Agree on Falcons.

Strenuously disagree on San Diego SUUUUUPER Chargers

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The Colts should go back to Baltimore ... where they belong. Bastards. [/bitter baltimoron native]

I can never cheer for a team that deserts a town like that. And Balto's a good football town, too.
    Of course, having Peyton "Mr. October" Manning as their QB makes it all the more easier to root against them. Fuck him.

Let the Indy team be the Racers or some shit like that, something unique to Hoosier land. The Colts name should be in Baltimore. Grr.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That rant sort of reminds of me this soap opera I watched sometimes at lunch.

"You're not Barbara Ryan! You're Barbara Stenbeck!!!!"

Should have won an Emmy for that.

12. KYSportsWriter

But you have the Ravens and Air McNair...[/coltsfanboy]

Draft saved Draft deleted