1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best NFL uniform that was abandoned.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 1, 2006.

?

If you could pick one uniform for the NFL to immediately re-activate, which would it be?

1. San Diego Chargers' poweder blues and white helmet

41 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. New England Patriots red, white and clue, with white hiking minuteman helmet

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Vermeil-era Eagles, kelly green with cream-colored band around upper arm along with white and silver

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Montana-era 49ers. Simple, dominant scarlet, gold and white with no trim at all on the uniform, exce

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. Buccaneer Bruce and Agent Orange (hey I know this ain't getting the votes... but I LOVED this unifor

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Best change: The Jets abandoning those 1980s abominations.

2. lono

lono Active Member

Chargers.

End of thread.

3. vicd

vicd Active Member

I dream of the day the Bucs go to the throwbacks.
    Bring back Bucco Bruce!

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The Broncos' orange with the blue helmets and the horse in the "D" should be on this list.

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I liked the Patriots' short-lived blue jerseys with red numbers, which they used when the switched logos in Bledsoe's rookie year. It lasted one season, then the numbers turned white. (Away was white jersey with red numbers)

[​IMG]

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I loved the Orange Crush, too.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Not only because they were awesome, but because the gap between what they had and what they have now is so great.

/fanboy

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As a Dolphin looser fanboy I'd love the Fish to go back to the dark jerseys they had in the mid-80s.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Amazing in this day of changing uniforms, the Kansas City Chiefs still wear the uniforms they wore in the AFL days.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Buffalo Bills old home uniforms. Blue jersye, white pants, white helmet with the silhouette red buffalo.

Chargers were classic too.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Gotta go with the Bucs' creamsicle orange duds, if only to mention Donald Igwebuike. :D

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted