1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best national columnists?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slatter, Apr 5, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, that Snow guy's not a columnist, and he's not even in journalism anymore.

And slats, just pulling your chain. We get this thread every few months.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Mike Vaccaro is a great writer and an even better person. Same with Kevin Kernan and Phil Mushnick.

I've talked to Smith several times at NFL venues, and he couldn't be a better guy. He's ESPN's national NFL guy, and could act like a jerk. Instead, he takes time to talk and offer advice.

Last year, I met Wilbon and Wise. Both are great. Took time to talk to an industry nobody like me.

3. Stop fucking with the guy, Doc.
    I mean it.
    This isn't funny any more.

4. I know you're joking, but that would be a short thread.

Maybe the woman from The Oklahoma who caused the ruckus? Passan? Wasn't Michael Holley a columnist very young?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jemele hill is sooooooooooo awesome.

6. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

how has no one mentioned joe posnaski?

7. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

but i wanted it in bold, with gold stars around it

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I'll double up on Vac, on both counts; been reading him ever since he was writing about Tom Chapman's dreadful Bonnies. As previously noted, Posnanski, Posnanski, Posnanski. Pretty much anybody at the Washington Post. Based on a recommendation from here, Ian O'Connor.

And do yourself a favor -- break out of the ESPN mold. They're not the only game in town.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

nobody really cares to make a complete list, lorax. this is like the 400th time this thread has been created.

10. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Beautiful.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Not much point in bookmarking Kornheiser, he's written one thing since October.

12. Two of my favorites in Texas:

Randy Galloway, Star-Telegram
    Cedric Golden, Austin American-Statesman

Draft saved Draft deleted