1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best music producer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jul 25, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Who's the producer whom everyone in the music industry would love to work with because of their great track record of producing hits?

2. boots

boots New Member

This line begins with "Q" or Quincy Jones. EVERYONE he has worked with makes money and is a better artist because of the experience.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Bruce Dickinson

[​IMG]

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Randy Jackson or maybe K-Fed.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He he... me think funny

6. Flash

Flash Guest

This contest is over.

Mutt Lange.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mutt Lange against Bruce Dickinson?! No contest... more cowbell rulez!

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I feel a fever coming on, and I know what the prescription is...

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd go with Rick Rubin. From the Beastie Boys to Johnny Cash, rap to stripped down country, the guy has serious skillz.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

More cowbell?

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

shoudn't mizzougrad or mizzou wanst that hard (whicever) have posted this pic?

I'll also go with Rick Rubin, a very varied career. From Slayer to the Dixie Chicks and a founder of DefJam. Plus, he rocks the skullett like nobdy's business.

Brendan O'Brien has produced some hits, Butch Vig, George Drakulis (sp?), Glynn Johns are some that popped into my head.

And of course, Sir George Martin.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Rick Rubin doesn't have a signature sound. He's worked with everybody, but you don't hear one of his songs and go "Ah! A Rick Rubin production!" or "Wow, listen to how good the guitars sound on that record!"
    Sir George Martin's work with the Beatles is unparalleled. Those records sound amazing, even to this day. He was the guy who helped John, Paul, George and Ringo create their sound.
    As far as modern guys -- Daniel Lanois has done some great stuff with U2, Robbie Robertson, Willie Nelson and Dylan....seemed like he milked good performances out of these guys and his records kind of have a little bit of a spooky quality.
    The guitars and drums on Steve Albini records just sound amazing. Same with Butch Vig...his stuff is a little more polished. And as far as rap producers go, no one can hold a candle to The Bomb Squad (Public Enemy). Timbaland, Just Blaze, Scott Storch...their records are some Disney Radio shit in comparison.

Draft saved Draft deleted