1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Movie Trivia Game Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sconnie, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

Okay, I feel like I'm passing on a state secret here...this is a game my friends and I learned a long time ago. I've passed it on to several other groups, and NO ONE in those groups has ever heard of it, so I'm guessing very few on this board have learned this game...

It's called B*O*M*B. If you know it, stop reading. If you don't, and you like movies, keep going.

You need a group of at least four people to make this game fun, but the maximum is 394.

First rule: The starter names a movie or actor/actress.

Second rule: The second person can REJECT said movie or actor, forcing the first person to come up with a new one. The second person can reject as many times as they want.

Third rule: Once the first person says something satisfactory to the second person, the second person must name an actor from the movie OR a movie the actor is in. (i.e. - If I start with Tom Cruise, you have to name a movie Tom Cruise is in. If I start with Top Gun, you have name someone in Top Gun).

Fourth rule: The third person then goes the other way (Tom Cruise-Top Gun-Val Kilmer OR Top Gun-Tom Cruise-Misson Impossible).

Fifth rule: If the third person fails to answer correctly, he gets a letter (B, O, M, or B). Once you spell BOMB, you lose and the game continues without you.

Sixth rule: If a player does not know the answer, they can challenge the previous person. The previous person must then answer. If they do so correctly, the challenger gets a letter. If they fail, they get a letter.

Other rules: One movie from a sequence counts as all (you can't go Charlie Sheen-Major League-Tom Berenger-Major League II HOWEVER you could go Charlie Sheen-Major League-Scott Bakula, since Bakula was part of the series, though he didn't appear with Sheen at all); all disputes must be settled by the group (unless IMDB is immediately available); play passes to the left; no switching spots during the game (especially if the person to your right is kicking your ass).

Some of you movie snobs from the other thread will easily dominate this game. Bring this up at a party, and you will soon have upwards of 20 people playing. It can fill hours and be fun, especially if you have good players present. It is also AWESOME for car rides.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shannen Doherty was in Heathers with Christian Slater, who was in Murder In the First With Kevin Bacon.

3. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

No, no, no...this is a far superior game to Kevin Bacon's nipples, or whatever that one is called.

Draft saved Draft deleted