1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best movie endings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jun 1, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Has Major League been mentioned?

2. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I remember seeing History of the World Part I when I was like 12, and I thought the sequel was real. I'm still waiting for it ...

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yup.

"TAYLOR BUNTS!"

"(whisper) Shit!"

Edited version.... silence.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Just saw a really good one: How I Ended This Summer, Russian thriller set in Siberian Arctic. I can't say what it is without spoiling but it's a great film, amazing cinematography.

YHS, etc

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Saw it Saturday for the first time and I agree. From Clint taking the bullets to the greedy family members getting stiffed to the neighbor who once tried to steal the car getting the car, it was awesome.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

This was on TV last night, think it may have been USA. Hadn't watched the movie since it came out in the theater. I didn't really care for the movie until they got in the car with Spacey in the back. Once the delivery van came, Freeman and Spacey took it to another level.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... including one that the film had to pay a $4,000 fine. Keep in mind that this was in 1939.

Hmmm:
    "Star Wars, Part III"
    "The Color Of Money"
    "A League of Their Own," complete with footage of a legends-type game during the closing credits
    "The Dead Pool"
    "Mr. Holland's Opus"

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's not one of the three.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Frankly, my dear ...

:D

The one where he had Scarlett blow her nose was underrated. (Not a big fan of the film, but have at least one relative who cannot get enough of it ... )

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

1. My darling, you're such a child. You think that by saying, "I'm sorry," all the past can be corrected. Here, take my handkerchief. Never, at any crisis of your life, have I known you to have a handkerchief.

2. Rhett Butler: No, I'm through with everything here. I want peace. I want to see if somewhere there isn't something left in life of charm and grace. Do you know what I'm talking about?
    Scarlett: No! I only know that I love you.
    Rhett Butler: That's your misfortune.

3. Rhett Butler: And then when you were sick, it was all my fault... I hoped against hope that you'd call for me, but you didn't.
    Scarlett: I wanted you. I wanted you desperately but I didn't think you wanted me.
    Rhett Butler: It seems we've been at cross purposes, doesn't it?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Problem with "Return of the King" is the same one that "Ocean's Eleven" suffered: There were about six scenes that could have offered the final, lasting shot, and there kept being another one ... and another one ... and another one.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

In retrospect, Ocean's Eleven should've ended with the fountain scene at the Bellagio.

Draft saved Draft deleted