1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Man's speech

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Jun 3, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

This is what you get for having friends.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Whatever you do, don't call the groom by the name of the bride's ex-boyfriend. My brother did that at my sister's wedding a few years back. My dad cut the speech off almost immediately. In my brother's defense, the groom's name's Jay and the ex-boyfriend's name was Jason, and the brother had almost fainted from heat exhaustion (outdoor wedding, in Maryland, in July)

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Do NOT mention banging the bride.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

"Hey (groom), remember that time we got drunk and got in the shower together?"

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Here's a never-fail laugh; I've used this before and if done well, can loosen up the crowd:

"I've known (groom) for xx years, and he's always been like a brother to me, and in the time I've known (bride), she's become like a sister to me. So it really warms my heart to see my brother and sister get together like this."

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

See, I can never remember if stuff like that is a do or a don't.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

1. Keep it short.
    2. Keep it light.
    3. Mentioning women the groom bedded before the woman he just married is not keeping it light.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It wasn't that bad, I guess, it just was long-winded and involved members of the audience putting food coloring in their drink.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

I like to warm the crowd up with some wife-beating jokes. And then I'll usually talk about all the abortions my buddy's ex-girlfriends had, so if the new couple has fertitily problems, we'll all know she's the barren one. And then I'll close with the time he fucked this drunk chick so hard in the ass that she had to take Motrin for three weeks after. And then I'll make a toast, to the bride and groom, happy forever, something like that.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

See, that's why we're here.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Don't say that you knew the groom was settling down when he quit chasing the Jew girls.
    Happened at the wedding that I went to last week, but it was one moment of awesome silence, then an audible gasp and then, for the ones in the know, they all turned and stared at the Jewish guy, whose wife was a bridesmaid.
    It was spectacular...

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

"The bride has a penis"

Never fails to knock 'em dead. The line, not the penis. Unless she gets enraged ...

Draft saved Draft deleted