1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Lupica bashing I've seen yet...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fair counterpoint from a poster who has my highest respect.

Just two comments:

Mark Kriegel

Jason Whitlock

Over and out.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, yeah. There is that

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know for a fact that Lupica monitors this board or at least has someone monitor it for him...

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

while fetching him a Deer Park?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice

6. Wine and cheese?
    Jesus wept.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Im sure he gave it his usual "oh by the way," when talking about the wine and cheese.

That just gets under my skins when he does that. Would be nice t have his money though, all us poor bastards out here.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I agree with Frank about the reaction to Luppy (though not about the Pentagon plane). I edited his work for several years and had no problem with him.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Luppy played a big role in getting Rich Johnson to shut down his message board on Sports Pages. The rumor is also strong that through Lean Carter he tried to get this place shut down because of all the jabs at him -- which have slowed to about once every 3 weeks instead of daily.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A former girlfriend's dad loved Lupica. When I first met the dad he suggested I must love Lupica, too, since I'm a sports writer. Told the pompous sumbitch I don't read Lupica and he looked at me as if I committed a sin; much worse than than any sin I committed upon his daughter. I perused some of his stuff after that encounter. Haven't read anything by him in the years since. Not a voice that moves me. Plus, he turns me off on the Sports Reporters. He made (or tried to, at least) a joke last year in reference to Mack Brown's choice to kick a field goal just before halftime against Tech to make it 52-0. His hyena laughing ways made me ill (I believe Ryan and Albom chortled madly, too). The joke wasn't even that funny. He writes well, but his voice is not for everyone.

As for wine and cheese ... I'm Jewish. What's the mistake?

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

All I know is I have rarely laughed harder than when I read the Lupica crucifixion take, with Jesus hanging on the cross thinking something along the lines of, "What an October moment."

It was far better than that, but sadly it's apparently lost forever. I don't have a strong opinion about Lupica either way, but that post killed.

Draft saved Draft deleted