1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best headphones for running?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jun 22, 2015.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I just ordered a set based on 3bf's recommendation. Can't wait to give them a try.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I don't wear headphones for running for two main reasons:

1. I like to be able to hear everything around me when I'm outdoors, partially for the peace it brings, but also so that I'll hear anything that might run me over while I can still react.

II. When I've tried to run with music, I have a bad habit of trying to match my cadence to the music's beat. That usually means a much faster pace than I should be running.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Spent $90 (CDN) on a pair of Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 that I'm quite liking so far. Bluetooth again, water and sweat resistant. Came with a case that has a battery pack built in for a quick charge on the go.

I've gone through a few pairs of Bluetooth headphones as I tend to listen to podcasts as I fall asleep and they can get beaten up as I roll over on them at night. So far, so good on the durability of these - they feel like a keeper.

Draft saved Draft deleted