1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Halloween costume that you've seen tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Oct 31, 2006.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

there coming out with a new movie!!!!!!!! cant wait!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sadly, none. I live in an upstairs apartment and no one's come by. Guess I can keep the DOTS to myself.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

On several Halloweens, I saw people in the press room disguised as law-abiding citizens.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I put on a Minnesota Vikings cap, grabbed a clipboard and went as Sean Salisbury in his previous career.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Saw a bunch of guys in red uniforms tonight running around a basketball court masquerading as the Miami Heat.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I saw a lot of fans dressed as empty chairs during the second half of that debacle.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I missed this one (was holding cranky infant), but my wife said one kid came up to the door (maybe age 5) dressed as a Steeler, said "I'm a Steeler! Would you like my autograph? Then scribbled something on a piece of paper and gave it to her and as he did, said "I've been doing that all day!"

8. It's Raphael.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We had four or five older kids who weren't wearing costumes but out with their younger siblings hit us up for candy. One wearing jeans and a tee shirt said "Trick or treat" in that monotone voice only a teenager can give an adult. I asked him "What's your costume?" He shrugged and stuck out his bag.

I wanted to slam the door in his face, but he was with three little kids, all under 7. I gave him one piece of bubble gum. When the little kids came up, I said "Since you're wearing a costume, you get extra." I almost dumped our entire bowl of candy into their bags.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A 2-month old in Snoopy costume, complete with bib. Absolutely adorable.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The usual cute kid stuff. Bummed that there was no Steve Irwin, though.
    At least half the kids at my house had to be driven in from Providence, given the 0.00253 minority population in my town (and that 0.00253 lives across the street from me, ironically). Somebody will write a letter to the editor of the local weekly complaining about these kids, and at least one local politician will publicly pander to said letter-writer.
    The local kids were probably out egging and TPing.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A group of sorority girls in French maid outfits.

I love college towns.

Draft saved Draft deleted