1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Godfather scene/line

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Fredo... you broke my heart.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

It was an abortion, Michael.

Followed by Michael's wordless reaction.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't see how you top that.

4. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

I like when he tells Kay about how Luca Brasi and Vito made the singer's manager an offer he couldn't refuse.

"My father assured him either his signature or his brains would be on the release."

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Woltz: "And if he tries any rough stuff, tell him, I ain't no band leader. Yeah, I heard that story."

6. I always thought Michael's explaining to the mob bosses the importance of the guy who blew himself up at the Cuban police roadblock was a nice bit.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ditto. And Ditto.

8. da el g

da el g Member

Roth: This is the life we have chosen

and of course

Best veal in the city

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

best lines not just in Godfather but in movie history:

My father's no different than any other powerful man -- any man who's responsible for other people -- like a senator or a president.

You know how naive you sound? Senators and presidents don't have men killed...

Oh -- who's being naïve, Kay?

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My favorite is the scene at the sex show where Michael realizes it was Fredo who betrayed him. Seeing Michael's face as he listens to Fredo and comes to the realization is just amazing. I could watch that scene on a continuous loop.

11. Cubman71

Cubman71 Guest

I love in Part II the exchange between Michael and the senator who is trying to fleece him. How slimy the senator is and how Michael just has the look of "Do you really know who you are fucking with here?"...great exchange.

Also, the entire setup of when DeNiro as Vito offs the reigning Don. Shows you how emotion is left out of the equation after he gets sent packing from the bakery job. Rather than bitching and moaning, he quietly plots his revenge.

Outstanding

There should be an entire channel devoted to rolling Part I and II non-stop, even if I have the DVD's and can watch it whenver the hell I want.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Vito taking out the Black Hand then telling a young Micheal that his father loves him very, very much. (did I get that sequence correct?)

Basically, any flashback scene. Heck, everything in Godfather II was perfect. The movie is a 9.5.

Draft saved Draft deleted