1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best football-related TV episodes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Feb 1, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Second-funniest thing in FG history, just behind Peter, Chris, Stewie and Brian barfing after eating the icapac (sp?).

"Don't make a fool out of me, man."

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought you said "You've Got AIDS" was the funniest thing in FG history?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

LAY OFF ME I'M STILL GRIEVING OVER THE SHIT I TOOK OVER THE D_BYH THREAD!!!!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't see the Coach episode, but if Bob Golic came back to Minnesota State (I'm figuring 10 years prior), Fox would have still been at Chattanooga, right?
    I know, I know. And I also know it was Jerry Rogers, not Warren Delaney, who was the Fairview Fink who stole Greg Brady's fake playbook. Same guy played Greg's friend who had his own place (inspiring the attic episode).

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Did I miss it?
    Are we on page 2 with no mention of the Brady Bunch episode with Deacon Jones where Pete gets called a canary because he's in the glee club.

Or the episode of MASH with the football player who has to have his leg amputate and Radar gives him the life magazine with pictures from the big game in it.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This one, with the Chris AHA clip from the video Take On Me is up there as well.

7. Here's one no one has mentioned that has to be among the top five football TV episodes, "Let's Hear It for a Living Legend."

First episode of Banacek (George Peppard, 1972), with cameos from John Brodie, Deacon Jones, Tom Mack, Ben Davidson, Gene Washington (of the Niners, not the Vikings) and Clancy Williams. Brodie, who shows some serious acting chops, more than the walk-on one-liner that most celebrities deliver in these roles, turns out to be the villain who has his teammate, the star running back, kidnapped. (Sorry for the spoiler. ;D) Oh, and Curt Gowdy and Charlie Jones play themselves doing the play-by-play. Truly classic.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Not clear on all the details, but I remember an "Incredible Hulk" episode where Bruce is a trainer for a ficitional L.A. team and befriends one of the linebackers who has serious anger management issues, injuring teammates and opponents alike. The climax of the episode is when the big green guy storms the field in the middle of the game to keep the linebacker from going nuts on an opposing player.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Couple of others: Andy Griffith Show: Opie has signed up for piano lessons, but his football team practices at the same time. He's torn.
    21 Jump Street: Peter Deluise goes UC on a high school football team probing a drug ring.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Was this guy cheering in the press box?

[​IMG]

11. highlander

highlander Member

How about when Peter Deluise goes UC and plays baseball and helps the team make the playoffs.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Those were the heady days of journalism, when Jack McGee was paid to traverse the country following rumors of a big green man, and being allowed to stay on the trail despite never really getting a story. Clearly he did not work for Gannett.

Draft saved Draft deleted