1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best convenience store

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

We haven't addressed one important aspect yet ... I've found Love's Truck Stops have some of the best bathrooms.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Whenever I head home to see my family, I always make my pit stops at Love's.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

In my travels around the mid-Atlantic/southeast:

1. Sheetz -- Though I rarely go for anything other than breakfast off the MTO menu. Did have a Cuban sandwich there once that was pretty damn good.
    2. Wawa -- Though they haven't quite infiltrated southern Virginia or N.C. yet, aside from Richmond.
    3. 7-11 -- There's one within walking distance of my house, and the taquitos are better than you think. (especially after a bender ...)
    4. Kangaroo -- Since there seem to be a shit ton of them in South Carolina. They seem to be clean. Don't know much about food selection or anything like that.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Wawa moved into Norfolk a few years ago, though strangely enough no Sheetz.

7-11 is a sentimental favorite because I've almost always lived within four blocks of one.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to QT's fountain pops. Unfortunately haven't lived near one in almost two years.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If are driving on I-95 in Virginia, the 86A exit has a Sheetz and the 86B has a Wawa.

There is also a hurting Fastmart.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

7-11 food is disgusting. Basically, I've only ever eaten hot dogs and nachos from there. I'm deathly afraid to try anything else. Just awful looking.

The Mountain Dew slurpees, however, are the tits.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Trust me on the taquitos, Sonner. Not bad at all. The pizza can be OK if it's fresh, but it rarely is. The nacho kit gave me a case of mudbutt I'll never forget, so I'm steering away from those in the future.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

You, my friend, are missing out. I love Cumberland Farms, and I believe it's a southern New England thing. As stated earlier, the fountain drinks are 89 cents (although I go for the iced coffee, which a) is 99 cents any size and b) is very good, with four flavors from which to choose. Their sandwiches are very good as well. Many times I've gone there to grab a quick bite and between the sandwich and CF chips, I have yet to be disappointed. I'm definitely swinging from that chain. They're clean, too.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OK, I'll bite... having driven around a lot of the country...

1. Wawa... lots of decent food specials, drinks of all sizes... bonus points if you're an avid reader because their newspaper area is usually well-stocked (especially if you're in Philadelphia locations)

2. Sheetz... The couple times I've had their food I was impressed. Nice thing is you get to pick what you want on it yourself so it's your fault if you screw it up (or if the cook still makes it wrong...). Most locations very clean and in easy to reach areas.

3. QuikTrip (QT)... These are only in major cities. I want to say Atlanta, Tulsa, Phoenix, Kansas City, Des Moines and St. Louis? May have missed one or two. Usually has the lowest-priced gas of any station around, spectacular drink selection and their bakery is king when it's well stocked.

Honorable mention: Cumberland Farms, Kangaroo, Royal Farms, United Dairy Farmers...

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Show some Royal Farms love, greatest fried chicken. Seriously, not even compared to convenience store foods or fast food, just outstanding hot, fried chicken. Mine also has berger cookies.
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted