1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Buy Black Friday Advertisement leaked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxramblings07, Nov 13, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol - if you can't 'look down' on anonymous persons on a message board, some of whom you've 'known' for like six years, who can you look down on?

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The Catholic Church.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

4. I don't care how good the deals are at Wal-Mart. I refuse to go there on Black Friday.

5. imjustagirl

I've done it. The bonus is that it's so large you can get to places without too much trouble. Electronics is troubling, but it's generally pretty organized. I went a couple years ago to get my mom a digital camera when it was coming as a bundle. They basically put everyone in a line at the film developing (hahah) area, and then we walked through and each picked one up.

Then, of course, I dashed to the Christmas wrap area and got a shit-ton of cheap wrapping paper and bows and boxes and stuff like that. :D

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

How shall I put this?

Any men who go to Black Friday without a gun in the back should donate their testicles to science.

7. imjustagirl

Yeah, it's not nearly as much fun punching guys in the babymaker.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I worked cashier for the first time in my life at Sears on Black Friday 2003.

Suffice to say, it was absolute hell.

Last year, I went out to a moderately sized town (Salem, NH) at about 4 AM. There were people sleeping outside of Target, tents stretched across the Best Buy parking lot, and frothing lunatics snatching up shopping carts full of $3 DVDs at Wal-Mart.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Interesting person to say that...

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How does the new Best Buy logo affect Black Friday?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gizmodo is running a "brutally honest" Black Friday Photoshop contest.

http://gizmodo.com/5094685/create-honest-black-friday-ads-to-reflect-the-economic-climate

Here's an example.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted