1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You didn't have the burger?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nah. The point of our trip was to use an expiring Groupon at a different place for dinner. Just so happened that the place was across from Bourbon Steak.

With that out of the way, the next trip will focus on the burger.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Groupon, how domestic.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Dude, I have used Groupon in the past three months to purchase ESPN The Magazine (year subscrip), NBA tickets, a sushi dinner, and two audio books. I still haven't spent $100. Groupon is my favorite hooker.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ain't nothing wrong with Groupon. If you don't use it, you're just plain fucking stupid.

Anyway, we bought this particular one a couple months ago. Drove up to use it. Made the CRITICAL mistake of ordering our food before letting the guy know we had the coupon. Apparently, once he put the order in the register, it's fucking impossible to take it off. So he wouldn't take the coupon. Whatever, the food was worth full price, but that seemed really goddamn dumb to me. It expires Monday, so we used it tonight.

Then, we walked across the street for the fries. Wife got a Diet Coke. I got a beer. Total bill: $22. Unhappy hour.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A burger joint we like in Arlington has closed, I'm told. Can't recall the name but there's a "healthy" sandwich shop there now. My son actually wants to go there for lunch.

I told him I was in as long as they had diet coke. Picture and calorie count coming.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I just got to Phoenix and I'm pretty sure I'll have a Zinburger (kobe w/manchego cheese) lunch today. Of course, I'll post a picture of it on my Facebook.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just one? C'mon man.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

OK, maybe two. And a diet coke.

10. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Just had one from the bowling alley down the street from us. Cheese melted into the meat where it's almost in the meat itself. Buttered buns. Topped with some onion rings. I have a new No. 1.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Anybody watch the new show Burger Land on Travel Channel?

I'm watching the premier, and so far he's visited Pie & Burger in Pasadena, and Marty's Hamburger Stand in West LA.

I just has dinner, but I'm hungry for a burger.

Anyone been to either of these joints?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Food & Wine magazine ‏@fandw 3h

May is National Burger Month. 30 of F&W’s favorites should take you through most of it: http://fandw.me/RKSS4e

Draft saved Draft deleted