1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best burger you've ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 31, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

On a recent trip to New Orleans, I encountered Port of Call, which served me the best burger I've ever had. What about you? What's the best burger you've ever had?

Before Port of Call, my favorite burger came from this local place called Staggs here in town. Other than that, I enjoy Five Guys and, believe it or not, Jack's.

I'm hungry.

2. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

There's this place I went to a couple days ago that served this thing with two all-beef patties, lettuce, onions, pickles and a special sauce.

The decor was great too, it had this yellow rounded M as its logo.

It's a shame I can't remember the name of the place. I hope I can find another one...

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Best burger I've ever had ... oh God. I'm going to have to go with Tommy Joe's, a restaurant near my old job.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Non-restaurant: My mom's, on the grill.

Restaurant: Red Robin.

5. JackReacher

I've passed a few Red Robin's during my travels. Never stopped in. I will now. Thanks Doc.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Red Robin.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm a devotee of Five Guys, I don't think I can remember seeing a Red Robin down here.

8. JackReacher

Looks like there are a couple Red Robin's about an hour from here in Huntsville. I'm happy.

9. JackReacher

My favorite thing about Five Guys is the extra scoop of fries they toss in your bag. There was a Five Guys about a half mile from my old house in Virginia. Good times.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Best burger ever is at a place called The Columns in Avon, NJ, right on Ocean Ave...sitting on the porch, overlooking the ocean, drinking Heineken and eating a Jersey Burger -- 1/2-pounder with melted cheddar and Taylor ham on a hard roll.

11. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

In all seriousness, Braum's is the best chain. It's like Dairy Queen but with better burgers and ice cream.

If you're ever in the northern suburbs of Chicago, try Hackney's in Glenview. It's terrific.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dusty's - ephrata, wash.

hands down.

Draft saved Draft deleted