1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best and worst uniforms in sports, of all times.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

St. Louis Cardinals

The late 70s Seattle Supersonics

Detroit Red Wings

Hartford Whalers

Oakland Raiders

Worst: NY Islanders fisherman uniforms

University of Maryland football

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think the Browns also have a clean, classic look.
    Of course they have to ruin something that works, so they're getting new pajamas in two years.
    They will fuck this up- count on it.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Best
    MLB - Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers (all classics), and the Reds (just clean, sharp unis; especially love the red alternate jerseys)
    NFL - Cowboys, Raiders (classic looks), Chargers, Bengals (orange jersey/white pants combo), Texans (blue jersey/white pants combo)
    NBA - Lakers (home yellows)

It's amazing to me how some colors work great for some sports and awfully for others. Gold and yellow look great for basketball and baseball. In football, they look terrible.
    In football and baseball, damn near any color jersey can look good with white pants. In football, you can also make a white jersey and colored pants work. If you go away from matching shorts and jerseys in basketball, it looks stupid.
    Wonder why that is?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

St. Louis Cardinals are the best. And I'm not a Cardinals fan. At all.

I've seen West Virginia and Oklahoma State football wear some ugly gray uniforms.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Horrendous. You can't do much with brown, the yellow doesn't help (overripe banana?) Oh, let's throw in some orange for the Taco Bell effect. And the hats...never been a fan of the front panel and overlapping initials isn't overly inspired.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I think more or less any soccer kit from the 1990's could be here (The US kept bringing hideous crap to the World Cup back then) but the worst is Arsenal's from the early 90's
    [​IMG]

found this at the Daily Mail's story marking the 20-year anniversary of the Premier League and most of the uniforms that season were terrible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2175863/Premier-League-kits-season-1992-93.html

the 90's were a dark time for fashion. remember the Phoenix Suns?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I see your Suns and raise you
    [​IMG]

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

UCLA's powder blues deserve some love.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Agreed. Also the Canadiens' home red and blue sweaters.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You can't beat the Original Six: Leafs, Canadiens, Wings, Rangers, Bruins and Hawks.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Am I alone in preferring the Chargers' old-time powder blue -- with the number on the helmet -- over their actual current uniform?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, Bob, everyone on earth agrees with you except the Chargers' owner.

Draft saved Draft deleted