1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bernie Kosar files for bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ba ba bye Babbette.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wonder if he signed the bankruptcy papers side-armed?

My college roommate had this poster which made him a target of endless ridicule ...

[​IMG]

3. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

It's hard to believe that he already blew through his share of the profits from the #18 Dallas Cowboy replica jerseys that 90% of Northeast Ohio bought in 1993.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

God, that is just awful.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That was truly sad.

The Indiana equivalent was the Texas Tech gear that floated around back in 2001.

Wisconsin's test will be if there's a run on Vikings' Favre jerseys.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He tried to make a run to the bank, but was brought down outside his house because he was too slow.

7. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I will personally tar and feather anyone I see in one of those, including Favre himself.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe Obama will bail him out.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Yup. My first thought exactly.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember this? It doesn't sound right to me:

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If that's true, it's ironic because when the two were at Miami, Kosar had a reputation as the brainy kid who graduated with honors in three years while Testaverde was labeled the "dumb jock".

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

May not be as odd as it sounds. May come down to the advisors.

One of the great off the record quotes I got once concerned a player with immense talent who was struggling to find a place to play. His coach told me, "His problem is he's dumb. That's not the real issue. Lots of guys are dumb but they realize it and figure out what they can do and do it. He's too damn dumb to know he's dumb."

Perhaps Vinny knew finances were a tad over his head and listened to and trusted the right advisors. Perhaps Bernie thought he was smart enough to do it on his own. Smart people who aren't quite as smart as they think are in many ways more dangerous than dumbasses.

Draft saved Draft deleted