1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Benjamin Leaves Red Sox Beat

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Journo13, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Journo13

Journo13 Member

2. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Abraham covered the Red Sox and baseball. Does this open something?

3. Journo13

Journo13 Member

It could, but I'll bet that Abraham moves into the full-time beat position.

4. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Am I missing something? Abraham and Benjamin were the Sox beat writers this year, Cafardo was the national writer

5. Journo13

Journo13 Member

I may be wrong, but I thought Abraham was the back-up beat writer when Benjamin was off the job. He took care of most of the multimedia stuff.

6. Journo13

Journo13 Member

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Abraham was hired last year (?) when Adam Kilgore left for the Patriots beat (and eventually WaPo).

I am curious to see if the position on staff is filled, or people are shifted over.

They also lost Albert Breer recently.

8. Where's Chris Snow these days? He's not with the Wild anymore, right?

9. Journo13

Journo13 Member

It's funny. Abraham wrote a Patriots article for today's paper. I wouldn't be shocked if people are shifted over.

10. ETN814

ETN814 Member

Greg Bedard replaced Breer. Abraham was the Red Sox reporter. He took care of the blog and sidebars, etc. while Amalie focused on the gamers. It's not uncommon for them to throw all available bodies at the Patriots stuff. I wouldn't read too much into it. For instance, Benjamin is in Pittsburgh right now covering the Steelers side of things.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even back in the day when staffs at both Boston papers were larger, beat people from other sports would participate in coverage deemed worthy of the human wave approach -- Patriots games when the team finally got good, playoff games in other sports, the Marathon, etc.
    Benjamin is a good reporter. Nobody can be blamed for getting off a baseball team beat. It kills your body, mind, and most of all, life.

Draft saved Draft deleted