1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ben Moffitt: FRAUD! (allegedly)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He was in high school when they got married -- before his senior year. I doubt many redneck 17-year-olds have their baby mamas sign prenups.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I get that.

But when you're looking to the NFL as your meal ticket, maybe you should think a little more about that.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Here's hoping his ACL doesn't last as long as his engagment.

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

If she saw Moffitt as a possible NFL meal ticket when she married him, she should be working in somebody's scouting department. It wasn't clear that this guy had any pro future at all until relatively recently, so it's hard to say she did all of this with big dollar signs in her eyes. Moffitt sounds like quite the scumbag for using her then kicking her to the curb when he didn't need her anymore.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I thought it was the Cabbage Patch Doll from the Geico commercial.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean the story isn't true.
    Let's see if it is before shooting the messanger.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That may be the case, which is why I qualified my comment with a COULD. I just don't know many 20-year-old women who go off marrying the 17-year-old football stud.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I love that commercial.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that the 5 year old child and the shout out to JC explain the wedding.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe stud is the operative word. He could be packing a pretty long goal post in there.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

The American public sucks.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Seems to me the USF athletics department looks about as bad as anybody in this, and it's not really their fault. This does spin a cautionary tale, however: When you go to the trouble and expense of promoting a student-athlete as a model husband and father, you had better be sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted