1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Belichick feature

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnsonville, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

My apologies if this is DB ...

Interesting feature on Belichick that tries to paint his as human. Though written before the game, it is timely in light of his childish walk off the field in the final seconds. It only briefly mentions last year's incident with Dungy.

And nothing about his public involvement with his former secretary and his role in her divorce.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=belichick

2. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I think it's an absolutely hackish approach to writing this story. After five paragraphs, I had no will to continue.

The writer is under the mistaken impression anybody give a shit about her.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That read like the poor man's version of the Pete Carroll story. Just choppy, skip here, skip there, "Look, he e-mails kids, he's a great guy!"

Just because someone does some good things doesn't make them a good person, same as just because they do some bad things doesn't make them a bad person.

That story wasn't worth the cost it took, no matter how much it cost. Very basic story...the only thing that would matter at all was the legwork...but who writes a story about how much work they've done?

Draft saved Draft deleted