1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beisbol been berry berry good to me (Running Baseball Thread IX)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanks are averaging eight runs a game since the All-Star break. Have seven now through six innings.

And Clemens isn't sucking. Glad Towers is (was).

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

When can there be a REAL baseball fight, not the pissing-match we saw in Toronto, but where guys throw punches just like D-Lee and Young, but only connect?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a flying karate-kicker on the Dodgers a few years back? That was sweet (and sour sauce).

4. Who was that years ago (may have been a decade), when a guy got hit in the back and slung his bat at the pitcher, who had good enough reaction time to jump above it?

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

To be fair, Perez has owned the Braves the last two years. He was kinda due for one of these.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Roger Clemens tossed for throwing at Alex Rios in obvious retribution for A-Rod.

Now he's crying because he can't throw inside.

Guess Roger fails to understand irony.

Take a seat, fat ass.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That was Chan Ho Park. One of my favorites, though is Pawtucket's Izzy Alcantara, who got hit, then kicked the catcher before heading out to the mound.

That was Bert Campanaris against Lerrin LaGrow in the 1972 World Series, Game 2. Campanaris was hit in the foot after a 3-for-3 showing, then chucked the bat at LaGrow, who ducked just in time.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I got a few hours of Everybody Loves Raymond tonight instead. Tomorrow, though, I'll be watching.

I'm waiting patiently for a four-run ninth inning for the boys in blue.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm shocked the Yankees didn't re-acquire Scott Proctor in the middle of this game.

10. Songbird

Yeah, Everybody Loves Raymond. Everybody But Fucking Me. I mean, I'd like to take his MILF wife behind the woodshed, but I want Cox's boys, dammit.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They called up one of their pitching prospects to be a bullpen arm the rest of the season. Joba Chamberlain. Of course, for some reason, Joe brings in Jim freaking Brower instead.

12. Songbird

The Yanks' biggest mistake, what, 5 years ago?, was letting Jeff Nelson get away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.