1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Kristol Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 29, 2007.

1. PS: I worked in Washington, a little while ago, with a wonderful fundamentalist Christian who had a no-joke crush on Bill Kristol. She would send me emails like, "You will NOT BELIEVE THIS: me. Walking down K Street. GUESS WHO walking UP K Street. My heart: aflutter."

She's a very sweet woman, but I was kind of disgusted.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Eeeeewwww. Not that I can talk. I have a thing for Tucker Carlson.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You just like his bow tie.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The bow tie is HOT!!!!!

5. Did anyone know that Tucker Carlson could write really fun features?

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=83665295-1de6-4571-af9c-0a90f6d1fde0

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bill Keller's got to go.

If he and Wolfowitz want to set up housekeeping, fine . . . just don't do it on my time.

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Tucker Carlson is a hell of a writer. I have said it before and I will say it again a million times...he had a good gig as the hip conservative guy who wrote for all the big mags and he blew it to be a douchebag on TV. I mean, right now, he could be following Romney or Huckabee around Iowa and doing big stories about it for Esquire, GQ or Vanity Fair. Hell, spend a year or two doing those things and slap 'em together for a quickie book...to me, that beats the shit out of hosting a low-ass rated political argument show.

8. Think he can go do that again if he wants to? In a few years?

9. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

He might get to do it sooner. The ratings for his shitty show are in the toilet. It came out this fall that MSNBC was on the verge of replacing him with Rosie O'Donnell until she opened her fat yap about the deal. If I were Tucker Carlson, I would start tanking the show...play hooky from work to hang out in New Hampshire.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Somehow, I think Tucker's bank account is forgiving him for the transgression of yielding writing.

I liked him best with Bill Press on Crossfire...great combo.

11. This is his third shitty show on his third different network. The man is the Bonnie Hunt of pundits.

And here's the lame-ass Times explanation.
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003690036

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No. I'm only saying that Bill Kristol is getting condemned here for writing what quite a few Democratic politicians were saying. They believed there were WMDs, like everyone else.

Draft saved Draft deleted