1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Kristol Means Never Having To Say You're Sorry

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 29, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This paper reeks of opinions. You know what every columnist at this paper needs to do?

Shut. The fuck. Up.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Are those Kristol quotes, or taken from Hillary Clinton, Al Gore and John Kerry speeches on the floor of the Senate pre-2003?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In reality, he's divorced from your reality. Which is the same thing as not agreeing with the Gospel according to Fen.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And your inability to acknowledge an objective reality is noted.

5. "He's [Saddam Hussein] got weapons of mass destruction. At some point he will use them or give them to a terrorist group to use?Look, if we free the people of Iraq we will be respected in the Arab world?.France and Germany don't have the courage to face up to the situation. That's too bad. Most of Europe is with us. And I think we will be respected around the world for helping the people of Iraq to be liberated."

Please, hondo, point out any contention in that quote that's true.
    Everything is opinion.
    Nothing is fact.
    I thought the liberals were the postmodernists.
    Wow.
    And, forgive me for asking, but aren't there a couple dozen young conservative writers toiling away on wingnut welfare who write better than Bloody Bill (Wrong!) Kristol?

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

ahh, this argument again.

so, basically, you're saying that you believe that clinton, gore, and kerry were correct? (because if you're asking me to put up or shut up, then yeah, they were all wrong. only kristol had the president's ear, however.)

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

A perfect description of Kristol from a liberal blogger "The Isiah Thomas of War"

8. king cranium maximus IV

[​IMG]

dead troops make me smirk! tee hee!

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You know better.

10. Yes -- because, as can be seen in this thread, one person's wrong is another person's right ... er, "correct."

I think Jay Mariotti is a tool and is wrong about most things, but I don't want to see him unemployed. I just don't read him.

If you think Kristol's wrong, don't read him. Just like I don't read Paul Krugman.

11. king cranium maximus IV

no president went to war based off advice from paul krugman.

i can deal with most wingnut welfare writers. bill kristol, however, is as dangerous as the kings of yellow journalism a century ago, if not moreso.

the ridiculous misinformation kristol will spread about iran can only harm this country. i consider bill as treasonous as ward churchill.

12. Fenian, I never agree with you on anything political, but you're very right on this one. Kristol...man. He hasn't just been wrong...he has been spectacular in his wrongness.

I enjoyed Reason Magazine's Radley Balko's take:

Failing Upward
    Posted on December 28, 2007, 9:48pm | Radley Balko

It's a D.C. tradition.

Huffington Post is reporting that your next regular columnist for the New York Times will be…William Kristol.

A pretty uninspiring choice. It means the Times op-ed page will be well-represented by big government liberals (Krugman, Herbert), big government moderates (Friedman, Kristof), and big government conservatives (Brooks, Kristol). I do believe that just about covers the full range of acceptable political opinion, doesn't it?

Also makes you wonder just how many times one man can be wrong before people will not merely stop taking him seriously, but stop giving him bigger and broader platforms from which to trumpet his perpetual wrongness.

Draft saved Draft deleted