1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being John Malkovich

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

After years of encouragement from a former coworker, I checked this out this morning.

Trippy, which is the polite way to say: W.T.F.

I mean, kudos to the titular Malko for agreeing to do the film, and overall I liked it in that thought-provoking, Hollywood original, interesting kind of way. But... WTF. I thought it was perfect that the credits-rolling audio was Bork singing in Icelandic because I think everyone at that point had to be thinking "what the hell did I just watch??" and to have her screeching in a language nobody understands is the perfect fit.

Already was on the phone to the guy who's been pushing the flick on me, and had a long discussion of the film including the requisite "whose portal would you want to find" postulation. Best I could come up with is Clint. Eastwood, not Howard.

Thoughts?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Great movie.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Excellent movie. But a truly WTF movie, too.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fun movie.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Great movie. Good question to ponder. I'll have to get back to you on the answer.

6. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Malkovich. Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich, Malkovich.

Draft saved Draft deleted