1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Fired for Posting on SJ

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by journalist68, Feb 5, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The technical reason for firing someone would be not working on company time.

I'm not sure how you go after the web site they were posting on.

I mean, they posted it of their own free will. You'd have no case.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Go to Wikipedia. It's not a big secret.

3. Hey Jay, if you're not going to be more careful with your identity you might want to stop admitting that you make quotes up ... like you did on one of the recorder threads ...

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, that post was necessary. ::)

5. thanks, I've been meaning to say that

shop?

TV news, yeah, that's the lingo

newspapers? I don't know anybody in the biz who actually talks like that

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thanks for posting that, I learned some interesting stuff on that. Didn't the Wikipedia page on SportsJournalists.com use to be more expansive and then get deleted?

7. I don't get the sarcasm ... I'm just saying, if I'm a cop I wouldn't go on a cop board talking about how I take a few bribes here and there ... you're certainly going to attract attention to yourself then ... then again if you're stupid enough to do the crime I guess you're stupid enough to brag about it.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How about a moment of silence for the guy who spent an entire day posting that women were all whores who only married for financial gain, who only have sex for financial gain...

...and then tried to delete his account, not realizing that his email address would suddenly appear on every post (a quirk of the old software). And of course, he had used his work email address to register, which included his name and newspaper.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fixed.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think I remember that . Was he a soccer writer?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Pittsburgh's finest! At SportsJournalists.com, we bring our lunches and we never forget. :)

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think that day we brought lunch and dinner and late night snacks. Webby had to shut down the site for an hour to clean up.

I wonder if that guy still posts here--he owes me an apology if he does.

Draft saved Draft deleted