1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being Fat Won't Keep you from being executed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Starring the mom from Family Ties...in a role you'll never forget...because being the beaten woman is the only role she can play anymore.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Also starring Eric Roberts, who gets to fulfill Michael Gross' dream of hitting the mom from Family Ties in the face.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Way to kill the mood, Junkie.

(Seriously, sorry to hear of your relation to the victims. A girl in my middle school was raped and killed when I was in seventh grade. It shook me, and I didn't even know her more than in passing.)

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I used to be against the death penalty but then when an old friend of mine told me about what happened to his grandmother, brutally beaten and raped at 85 years old she died in the hospital, I changed my view. Just the thought of someone doing that to a grandmother chilled me to the bone.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nothing more to say after the last two posts.

Snuff him.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Hate to lighten the mood here, but his argument should have been "Executing me will put an undue burden on taxpayers in this area." because after all, it's the government that has to pay for this fat bastard's last meal.

I just hope someone takes a shit in it.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nothing like hearing the stories of victims' families to alight your passion for the death penalty. It just becomes so clear: The victim went through (insert unimaginable atrocities) -- how are we trying to save the animal who did it from a much more humane death? In the antiseptic world of philosophy, it's one thing; when confronted with what the crimes left behind, it's much different.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Re: the death penalty, in theory, "playing God" seems a bit much. However, I have always said that if the victim in a death-penalty case were a family member or close friend, I would want the perpetrator to die a slow, agonizing death, and not for one second would I regret feeing that way. There are certain issues that can never exist in a vacuum; the death penalty tops the list.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

We expect to smell bacon from the chair in the next few years with this guy. Add a little grease and...BAM!

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I'm thinking that scene from "The Green Mile" where the guard didn't wet the sponge would be about right for this guy.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The fat fuck's dead:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/10/richard_wade_cooey_ii_is_excut.html

Draft saved Draft deleted