1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Behold! The magic of photoshop!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I said respectable. But resume and talent don't always match up. Casey Affleck and Ben Affleck illustrate that perfectly.

And Band of Brothers was exactly what I was thinking of. Mark Wahlberg could never have played that part as well as Donnie. They're both really good supporting actors, in different ways, but Mark hasn't figured that out yet.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Mark's talent is fairly unassailable. Boogie Nights is a better performance than Donnie could ever hope for, and Mark has had other decent ones. He's no Casey Affleck.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't wait for the Funky Bunch reunion in 2009.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

What, given up hope on the Outfield reunion?

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I meant Mark was Ben and Donnie was Casey. One looks like a movie star, the other one has the talent. It's not as extreme with the Wahlberg's, and I do like Mark, especially in movies like Three Kings and The Departed, but he's not a leading man like Clive Owen, Johnny Depp, Clooney, Brad Pitt, Daniel Craig or Christian Bale.

Edit: I should say a true leading man. Boogie Nights was a fantastic exception.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Tell me.

I was proud to honor April as Cindy Crawford Appreciation Month, but I was told to kill her.

she dead.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you really have to wonder about some people at times.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

"Heh, heh ... heh, heh ... she said wood!"

Draft saved Draft deleted