1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Behavior by some members of this site

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Lucas Wiseman, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Please remember that personal attacks are not tolerated and will be met with an instant suspension. Telling someone to fuck off, etc., is unacceptable. Also, there seems to be a pack of users who follow newbies around baiting/harassing them at every turn. This is going to stop effective immediately. If you do not have something productive to add to a thread, do not post on it. It is that simple. I will not hold back when it comes to offering up suspensions and even permanent banning. If you act like adults, we won't have a problem. If you are unable to do this, it is likely you will no longer be welcome here.

I understand there will be misunderstandings, rifts and even feuds between members. This is natural and if it happens, simply walk away. I do not want to see any more threads turn into bickering between two (or more) members. Use the ignore function if this is a problem you are unable to deal with on your own. Again, this type of behavior will be met with suspensions and potential permanent banning.

If you do find yourself getting worked up over stuff you read on this site, I'd suggest you show a little personal restraint and perhaps take a little time off. Sometimes it's good to get away from the computer and the people on this site for a few hours, days and even weeks.

In these trying times there are many among us who have been affected by the many layoffs that have taken place across this country. I hope this can continue to be a productive resource for journalists where they can find a friendly atmosphere to improve upon their skills and, if necessary, find their next shop to work at. Let's work together to help this site live up to its full potential.

Thanks,

Lucas

Draft saved Draft deleted