1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beginning of the end for Vince McMahon and WWE?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 27, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Congress wants WWE's drug-testing rules and regulations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=2951586&type=story

Dave Meltzer on WrestlingObserver.com today wrote
    I can't wait to see Vinny Mac try to bully Congress like he tried to bully Bob Costas.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Time to trot out Cena and Kennedy to Larry King to repeat the party line again, I suppose.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Waxman has enough on his plate before going after this. I'm surprised the Canadian govt. hasn't gone after WWE though.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We can only hope.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Policy?

6. They can turn public opinion against Vince--if it isn't already--but I don't see how wrestling can be legislated, given that it's entertainment, not sport.

If you're going to legally require drug testing of wrestlers before wrestling, wouldn't the same apply to circus performers and/or musicians?

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah but Pound, Dick and WADA are going after cycling ...

8. Cycling's a competitive sport. Wrestling isn't.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I always never liked McMahon, but after reading Sex, Lies & Headlocks, that man needs to spend some quality time in a 10x6 cell with a roommate named Bubba.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Ray Dudley?

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Unless McMahon is providing the steroids, what the hell can Congress do? Like others has said, this is an entertainment. A wrestler using steroids is like an actress getting a boob job.

If a wrestler is stupid enough to put his life in that much danger, then he only has himself to blame.

But McMahon is definitely a bag o' douche.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

WWE drug testing policy:

Draft saved Draft deleted