1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer poll

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Best Overall: St. Arnold Endeavour DIPA. Damn.
    Best Nationally Available: I like Deschutes Inversion a lot. I figure if it made it from cali to Texas, it has to have some national reach.

Worst: I was going to say Keystone, but Miller High Life may actually be worse.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lot of hating on the High Life ... I like it, actually. But only in bottles. It's weird in cans.

3. It was one of my first beers and it was in a can. Maybe I need to try it again now that I'm more used to beer, but whereas Keystone is nothing more than useless filler, I found High Life just offensive to all my senses.

I figure if I run into one in the future, I'll try it again because, hey, free beer.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You slam Torpedo for its hops, then say Racer 5 is the best? I am a hop head, but I disagree with your assessment on Sierra Nevada's beers. Torpedo has a more complex taste, all the way down to that almost soapy (in a good way, if that makes sense) flavor that stays with you.

5. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Yeah, I admit that I like hops more than many, but I don't get the Sierra Nevada statement. I think regular Sierra Nevada is just too bland. Some of my favorites are Two Hearted (Bell's), Crooked Tree (Darkhorse) and Hercules DIPA (Great Divide). Founders put out an All Day IPA somewhere around six months ago that was only 4.7 but pretty tasty. And Three Floyds has a wheat beer (Pride and Joy) that's less than 5 percent and tastes much hoppier than most wheat beers.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Longhammer sucks, and it gets me really effed up (not in a good way). Never tried Sculpin ... where is that from? I've already professed my love for Two-Hearted, but Stone is pretty damn solid as well.

7. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Count me in as a fan of the Leine Summer Shandy. I really enjoy Red Stripe as well if we are sticking with very mainstream stuff.

Worst, I had some shit called Camo Ice that was around 10% ABV and cost 99 cents for a 24 oz can. Buddy and I bought it as a joke and both had about two sips before we poured it out.

8. Best: Whatever 40 I be sippin' on.
    Worst: Everything else

You can take the homie out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the homie.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Favorite: Kona Longboard Lager
    Least Favorite: Whatever the equivalent of Beer 30, game Time or Charles Reibenbach is trying to undercut Natty Light in your local convenience store.

Preaching to the Bishop category:
    Favorite 40: Mickey's
    Least favorite 40: King Cobra

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Longboard's not bad, but Kona's Fire Rock is one of my top-five favorites.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed Longboard when I had it in Cali last year. Anyone know if any of the Kona beers are available on the east coast?

12. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

This site claims it's available in several east coast states.
    http://seekabrew.com/

Draft saved Draft deleted