1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer poll

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If it's hot outside, I will drink damn near any kind of beer, as long as it is cold.

2. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

Best: Sam Adams Octoberfest or Winter Lager or Boston Lager (depending on the season)

Worst: Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Cranberry Lambic

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thank you, Billy Curinton

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Appreciate the input guys. So far, I've been convinced to try Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head. If some of the others are available, I'll try them. I've been more or less a Mich Ultra/Bud Light/Bud Light Lime guy for years, and more into wine. Wanted to expand the beer horizons a bit.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If you like wine, there are several heavier, fruitier Dogfish Head choices that you might enjoy.

My favorite beers: Founders Double Trouble, Stone Ruination, Troegs Nugget Nectar

My favorite readily available beers: Sierra Nevada Torpedo, New Belgium Ranger, Samuel Adams Cream Stout

My least favorite beers: Milwaukee's Best, Natural Ice, Busch Ice

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Favorites: Kokanee (might be available only in the Pacific NW), Coors gold label

Least favorites: Miller Lite, Rhinelander (a Midwest atrocity)

And if nothing else, you can't go wrong with a basic Budweiser. Cue the Bud Song!

7. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

I've heard nothing but good things about Old Rasputin, just haven't had a chance to try it yet.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I just edited it out because I don't think it quite qualifies as readily available, but it's worth a try. It's a very heavy beer, though.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The beers I usually have in the house that are often available in markets are Stone IPA, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Tecate. I won't drink the last without lime.

Worst beers I've had: Old Style, Old Vienna, Point, Iron City, Schmidt's, Lion Head, Black Label, Utica Club
    I don't know how many of those are still around. I've had a lot of bad beer, but those stand out in my memory as being particularly bad.

10. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

We definitely have the same beer tastebuds. All three of those are great. Have you had the 10th Anniversary Ruination? It's still Ruination, but it's something like 10.8 instead of 7.7. I buy up every bit of Nugget Nectar I can get when it comes out. Troeggs also put out an imperial IPA called Perpetual that I saw for the first time a couple months ago. Very tasty.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Favorite: Sam Octoberfest, Boston Lager
    Least favorite: Miller Lite
    Favorite summer beer: PBR

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Best: Coors Banquet, circa 1970-80, or Henry's, circla 1980s. Outstanding mainstream beers in the pre-microbrew era.

Worst: Grainbelt in the 1970s. I've heard it's made a comeback, but it was god-awful swill back in the day. Made Schmidt taste like champagne.

Best bang for the buck: National Bo, circa 1970s. Very drinkable beer at a nice price.

Draft saved Draft deleted