1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer of choice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

50 on tap is definitely hard to find. I went to Toronto a couple of months ago and stopped at Puck n Wings and they had it on tap. I was a very happy old man :-D

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I am a simple man who likes simple light beers, but here it goes anyway.

Light Beer: Bud Light and Bud Light Platinum
    Full flavor: Labbatt Blue
    Seasonal: Summer Shandy
    Microbrew: Motorcity Ghetto Blaster - a local brew that I am quite fond of.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ghetto Blaster is a quality brew that my boy Fly introduced me too.

4. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

You youngsters and your fancy beers. I was drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon before it was in vogue and after. Had my first PBR in 1982.
    NOW GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!!

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

50 on tap, now I truly have a mission in life.

50 has been my fave beer for 25 years. I think I have told the story on here about trying to order 50 on a patio in the McGill ghetto and the super hot boho Quebecoise waitress telling me "dat is what my fadder drink" when I ordered a cinquante.

My first stop in Quebec is usually for some 50 as I can't get it out west.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Last place I had 50 on tap was a dive in Sudbury, not exactly an easy commute from the GTA. A dump in my neck of the woods I frequented for years before it closed had 50 on draft, that's the only thing I miss about that place.

When I was in Montreal for the NHL Draft a couple of years ago all I drank was Cinquante. It was awesome.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Here's a blast from the past for ya, Chet, remember this like it was yesterday. Could still sing the jingle!

8. NDub

NDub Guest

Bud Light.

/flips preemptive middle finger

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Russian River Consecration...I wish. :'(

Right now it's Bell's Hopslam, but I can be convinced to hit the new Founders All Day IPA a whole lot as well.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Holy Crap that ad is tremendous.

I actually have worked as a ramp rat and driven a tug like that. However I have never looked like Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs or have owned a pair of mirror shades.

Old school pontoon houseboat and a freaking parrot on his shoulder and a stubby. There are not enough superlatives to properly describe that ad. You have made my day!

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Indeed, one of the great beer ads ever! The stubby alone brings back tons of memories. Those were the days!

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I love some microbrews and good IPAs. PBR is a great old standby, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted