1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer Koozies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 29, 2013.

?

Do you use beer koozies?

1. Yes because it keeps my beer cold

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Yes because it keeps my beer cold and in theory hides what I'd drinking from Johnny Law

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Yes but only for the few days after I get free ones from the trade show or liquor store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No beer koozies are for high school kids and douchebags

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  5. No and koozie is spelled with a "C" dickwad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Mini Ditka

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Going to England and Ireland is so what I expected you to do.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Couldn't resist the beautiful accents.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Guinness is horrid. Yet for some reason, I find myself drinking it about once a year. I guess I stupidly think it's not going to suck next time I drink it. I cannot imagine that beer being good in any country.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Once or twice a year, I will find myself drinking Guinness. It is most assuredly not a get drunk beer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll disagree with that.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It doesn't travel well. The farther you get from the brewery, the worse it is. And, if I'm not mistaken, the recipe is different for the U.S. version. I basically never drink it here because I don't like it. I drank at least 10 pints a week of it for the four months I was in London.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There's something to be said for going to places that move a lot of it and know how to serve it. Tastes lovely at the midtown pubs I frequent.

8. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Are you calling yourself a lightweight or saying you drink mass amounts of Guinness? It has the same abv as Miller Lite.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why do people care about abv in beer? If alcohol content is that important, just get a bottle of Everclear and be done with it.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm saying I got drunk on Guinness many times in the days before fatherhood. Many.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I got drunk on Guinness once before. In my opinion, a Guinness hangover is almost as bad as a champagne hangover.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Depends on what you're doing. If you wanna enjoy a few drinks without getting hammered, drink something you like with a low ABV. If you're full on BRO mode, drink a high gravity beer and knock yourself out.

Some people enjoy beer more than liquor. So it's not always as simple as "durrr, just drink everclear!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted