1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beer Koozies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Apr 29, 2013.

?

Do you use beer koozies?

1. Yes because it keeps my beer cold

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Yes because it keeps my beer cold and in theory hides what I'd drinking from Johnny Law

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Yes but only for the few days after I get free ones from the trade show or liquor store

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No beer koozies are for high school kids and douchebags

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  5. No and koozie is spelled with a "C" dickwad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Mini Ditka

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pint glass. Always.

2. As an aside - if it it the prevention of condensation that is keeping the beer from getting warm - wouldn't a paper towel or napkin do the same trick?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Koozies are for amateurs.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have a stoneware mug. I keep it in the fridge, so it's cold but not frosted.
    It doesn't get washed like regular kitchenware. It gets rinsed out with warm water and a scrunge, no soap, when I'm done using it, and it goes back in the fridge.

5. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

And a regular pint glass, at that. Not a "frosted" one. I don't drink schwag light, so it doesn't need to be ice cold.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't care what kind of beer I'm drinking; I want it cold. Doesn't have to be in a frosty mug, but I certainly won't turn it down if it is. Just as long as it's cold.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Some beer isn't meant to be served very cold.

8. JackReacher

Cold. Very cold. Whatever.

As long as it's not warm. Has to be cold.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Many heavier beers, such as imperial stouts and sours, are meant to be closer to room temperature than straight out of the fridge.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

There's a strong correlation between the crappiness of the beer you're drinking and how cold you want it.

11. JackReacher

Well then. Those are typically the beers I don't drink. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You might one day broaden your horizons, at which point you should turn down that frosted mug.

Draft saved Draft deleted