1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bed sheets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Time for me to buy again. I know we have some shopping experts here ... best, softest, coooooooolest sheets you've ever slept on?

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

300 thread count, Egyptian cotton, Bed Bath and Beyond. Awesome and cool. :)

3. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

get the highest thread count you can afford. at the very minimum, don't go lower than 250. i'd go with 400 (or more, even) if you've got the coin.

you might feel silly dropping tons of money on sheets, but you won't regret it. they'll last a long time and always feel soft.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Target has some lovely 600 thread count ones that aren't horrendously expensive. Lovely, wonderful things.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

We're assuming you don't need rubber ones, right?

6. Johnny Dangerously

Not yet, but this board might drive me there soon.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The Westin Heavenly Bed.

It should be illegal.

Same for any Four Seasons...they use about fifteen different sheets and blankets to make the bed. Sigh.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Should I call them for details? I already have a Tempur-Pedic bed, so I'm good. Think they'll let me raid their linen closet?

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Completely agree. You can get 1000 thread count stuff at BB&B for not too high a price. You won't regret it for a second. Get nice, breathable cotton.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

21 speaks the truth about the Four Seasons beds. The last time I slept in one, it was so comfortable when I got into it, I almost cried. The combination of the high thread count sheets, the pillowtop/featherbed...Ahhhhh.

Onto your question. Both Linens & Things and Bed Bath & Beyond have huge selections and usually have a sample sheet out that you can feel.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

JD -

If you're not a stickler for particular colors or patterns, go to Overstock.com and order the highest threadcount sheets you can reasonably afford. You'll get 650-1000 tc Egyptian cotton for what you'd pay for 300-450 in a department or chain store. They're terrifically comfy and soft, but they also stand up a lot longer to repeated washings.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You can buy it.

http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/

Draft saved Draft deleted