1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beckham to MLS?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 11, 2007.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As I said before, Beckham is only 31. It's not like he's uncompetitive as a player, he just fell out of favor with the Real Madrid manager. While the top 4 clubs in England weren't going to push out the boat to sign him, it doesn't mean the rest of the Premier League teams weren't. Tottenham, Manchester City, Newcastle and other all had an interest in bringing him home.

He can still play at a very high level, maybe not as great as he was in the between 1999-2004, but still a stud on the field. Frank Yallop (LA Galaxy's manager) has said he wants to play him in the middle of the field so his skills can used to maximum effect on the team. I think that's a very good idea.

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

He said it. Beckham finally said "soccer" on ESPNEWS. All of Europe will now call football what it really is.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Nope, Football is a game where the ball is played primarily with the feet. American Football it stays.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This is not real, but this is what I expect rival fan groups to achieve in photoshop.

[​IMG]

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, that's funny as hell.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He can wear women's underwear all he wants. I'll still find him hot.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Pardon me if this has been mentioned elsewhere: http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/12/start-spreading-the-news-ronaldo-to-ny/

In the wake of Beckham joining the Los Angeles Galaxy, sources inside Major League Soccer tell TMZ that, among other players, Brazilian soccer superstar Ronaldo could be the next player joining Becks in America.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

SC, you can have long-haired Becks. I'll take Cadet's version every day and twice on Sunday.

Hell, I'd take him 6, 7 times a day. :D

[​IMG]

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Cadet's version didn't show up on my 'puter last night, dammit!

And I'll take Becks in all his various forms. Man's a God.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It has been brought up in the all-purpose thread. Not as big a deal, unless he's going to get fit between now and arriving.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You think that the fat bastard is going to deal with 90 degree games at the Swamp?

Also heard Edgar Davids to FC Dallas. I love his game, but he's two steps slow by now.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

OK, I see where a lot of this is going, but I'd like to start something new here.

Is there any chance MLS could get a young up and comer from the Argentinian or Mexican First Division as an exception player. Or are they going to need to go after more of the Davids, Figo's and the like?

I could see Chivas USA trying to bring in a top player from the Mexican league, not neccesarily a National team member, but someone who is on the verge.

Draft saved Draft deleted