1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beat THIS nut-ball parent...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Sep 21, 2006.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Several seconds ago, a mother of a local JV football player sent my editor a picture, taken from the stands, of a player being wheeled into an ambulance.

"Dear Sports Editor,

Here is a picture of a player that my son injured during a football game."

She wants to know if we would consider doing a story on her son or running the picture.

I'm speechless.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Thank her for the submission and tell her you've forwarded it on to Vigilante Quarterly.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Run the photo and have it go with your column about psychotic sports parents who fail at life and need to get their rocks off by watching their kids maim other kids and should be anally penetrated by STD-covered hornets' nests.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

That is pretty sad I would say. This woman most likely is a beast and gets off by seeing others suffer. Now she is so proud of her boy because he made someone suffer.

5. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Perhaps the nut-ball parent should be beaten.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'd ask for a waiver so that the injured player's attorney can have a copy, too.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outstanding... not her son who was injured, but her son who did the injuring...

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Yes.

The picture was the "aftermath" of her son's feature-worthy, centerpiece-photo-worthy excellence, in her opinion.

It is simply AWESOME evidence of the pathological football mentality of the community she is from.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

In all seriousness, I would alert the athletic director at the school. I'm sure they already know what they're dealing with, but sometimes they need proof to take action against psycho parents. This lady is seriously fucked in the head, and people need to be aware.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This thread is worthless...

And yeah, not only would I notify the AD, but down the road after you assemble a couple more nutball stories, put it together for a column

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I tried to post the pic but I can't.

Call the AD? Really? What would we say? You have a psychotic parent?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I see a red X... nice knockout by the kid

Draft saved Draft deleted