1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears vs. Colts: Super Bowl XLI running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

1. A snack chip company.
    2. Marvin Harrison. Because it will be so out of character for him to exclaim that.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

No way Harrison does that. He wants nothing to do with the cameras.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

1. Some tech company we've never heard of before like EDS with the Cat herding comercial a few years ago
    2. Rex Grossman.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Emmitt Smith won Dancing With the Stars!

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Go Colts!

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Umm, it is OK to root for the Colts, but to say the "Pats suck" is ridiculous. The Patriots are easily one of the best teams in the NFL and if Bellicheck wouldn't have been a dumbass about his WR situation, they would have won the Super Bowl. Instead he had crazy eyes Reche Caldwell dropping passes.
    The Patriots better get a really good player with the Seahawks first round draft pick to justify trading Branch.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

You are so, so pitiful, Angola. :)

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Go Seahawks!

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Yeah, the Little Team That Could with the most talented running back to come out of the draft in years and the 4,000-yard passer vs. the Team With One Recognizable Player. What intrigue that would have been.

I don't understand why everyone is so down on the Bears? They looked very, very, very good yesterday. It's a team that went into New England and forced like five turnovers on a Super Bad Rex day and almost won. They're finally used to playing without Brown and Harris again and seem to be rolling.

These picks about a monumental blowout, etc., really surprise me. I actually thought before the line came down that the Bears might be installed as an early favorite.

One more little tidbit - I'm sure the national media will figure this out at some point, but I think a lot of people would be surprised to see how closely these two fan bases bump up against each other in Indiana. The Colts actually struggled to gain a fan foothold in the state when they first arrived because it was such a Bears state, and then the '85 Bears came along and basically robbed the franchise of any early momentum it had.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If the Bears win, I will give $100 to anyone who uses the headline, "CROWN THEIR ASSES!"

11. 85bears

85bears Member

You can go ahead and write that check out to "Rupert Murdoch, publisher, New York Post."

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The reason the Colts are favored is the incredible amount of commercials featuring Peyton Manning. Name recognition drives the Super Bowl betting market.
    The reason I favor the Colts is I don't believe any team can beat them with a quarterback who's considered to have done his job if he doesn't throw any interceptions.
    Yesterday was the third straight game the Colts held their opponent under 100 yards rushing. They were all teams with pretty good running attacks, too. If they do so against the Bears, I can't see Chicago winning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.