1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears v. Cutler upgraded to Defcon 4

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 17, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bears favored by a TD at home against the Rams this week. I can't imagine the Bears defense having the same issues against that shitty Rams O-line as the Skins did.

Bears should win in a rout.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'd bet my house on that but I lost it on Saturday on the Va. Tech - Pitt game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Hm. That is very tempting.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't really tell if the Rams are shitty or not this year. They hung close in an ugly loss to a decent Detroit team and then beat the Skins.

I think the Bears should win, but maybe Fisher is turning around the Rams quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Mizzougrad96

Is Jay Cutler this decades' version of Jeff George minus the Whitlock manlove?

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yes. Absolutely yes.

My favorite Jeff George moment in Indy was after a botched snap near the goal line, circa '93, I believe. George took off his helmet and started screaming, as they walked off the field, at his center, Kirk Lowdermilk. Now, Lowdermilk was a huge offseason free-agent signing, a veteran from the Vikings, and he wasn't going to take shit from George. So HE took off his helmet and screamed right back at him. It was a beauty to watch, particularly because everybody in Indianapolis hated George from his high school days, when his coach would run up the score with George to showcase him, and of course from his shitty days at Purdue, punctuated by his mother jumping out of the stands to ride the injury cart with him to the locker room.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That would be must see TV

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The difference between Cutler and George is that for all his petulance, there are still players and fans who root for Cutler to succeed. Nobody wanted George to succeed.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Sorry, but several of my 13-3 Chiefs teams retired that whole "worst 13-3 team in history" trophy long ago. True fact.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe Cutler just needs acting classes -- if he had shown 25 percent more give-a-shit on the sidelines of the NFC championship and 25 percent less give-a-shit Thursday night, he'd be just about right.

11. Mizzougrad96

I still think Cutler is a top 10 quarterback, but he needs a coach who can keep him in check. Lovie and Mike Tice definitely are not those guys.

Cutler is a tough guy to like and he's been that way since college. His performace at the podium at the combine was unlike anything I've ever seen in that setting. It's one thing to get contentious when you're asked about an interception for the 10th time in a postgame setting, but being that pissy when you're being asked softball questions, I think, was telling...

Rodgers chewed out James Jones in the same game, but people give Rodgers a pass because they know he's a good guy.

Cutler will never get the benefit of the doubt. Did he have a right to be pissed at the way the O-line played on Thursday? Absolutely...

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Good point, LTL. Being pissed off at fuck-ups is part of playing an emotional game, especially at QB, on the highest level. Cutler just sucks at picking his spots.

Draft saved Draft deleted