1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bears v. Cutler upgraded to Defcon 4

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Why? No dead deer are involved.

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Tell us what you really think. C'mon, man, don't hold back!

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

MOTHERFUCKING POST OF THE MOTHERFUCKING MILLENNIUM!!!!!!!!!!

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Also:

http://deadspin.com/5936676/why-your-team-sucks-2012-green-bay-packers

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Buncha bitches! :D

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I will say that this ...

... has some truth to it. Despised is way too strong a word, but Milwaukeeans definitely laugh at the all-Packers, all-the-time vibe up in the Fox Valley.

I'm from Milwaukee and I love me some Packers, but for as much shit-talking as I do, I'm not anywhere near the level of true believer that's prevalent in upstate Wisconsin, especially in the Fox Valley.

My sister lives up in the Fox Valley and the local news up there is absolutely hilarious. My guess is that the poor shits who work at the TV stations have a Packers-every-day sort of mandate, so you get these unintentionally hilarious "stories".

When the Favre shit was going on it was total meltdown. I went up there several weeks after he signed with the Jets (or Vikings, I don't remember) and they were still doing local reaction stories. Shit like "Local store owner won't sell No. 4-emblazoned brats anymore".

But for as over-the-top as it is in Green Bay's environs, Milwaukeeans also know a good thing when they see it. The Packers are the team of the masses in Milwaukee, they played part of their schedule there from the 30s to 1994 (and nearly moved to Milwaukee permanently in the 50s). There's still the Milwaukee-based Gold Package season-ticket deal leftover from when they played at County Stadium.

And it should also be remembered that the epicenter of Bears hate comes from southern Wisconsin and Milwaukee, and to a lesser extent, Madison, not necessarily Green Bay. The front lines of the rivalry have always been Chicago transplants in Milwaukee and southern Wisconsin and Wisconsin transplants in Chicago, especially the northern suburbs.

Truth be told, many Packers fans elsewhere in the state, especially as you go north and west, hate the Vikings a lot more. The Packers and Vikings have played a lot more meaningful games in the last 20 years too.

Certainly, those assholes are hateable in their own right, but I save my best hate for the Bears.

Given that, there's no fucking way on God's green earth any self-respecting Milwaukee native roots for the Bears ... or any other Chicago team for that matter.

Good Lord, what a horrid joyless existence that would be. :D

7. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Sorry, can't you hear you with a Stanley Cup in my ear and six NBA rings in the other.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Before yesterday, I'd have taken Cutler on the Browns.

Now, I think even Weeden's better. :D

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Remember 1985?

That was cool.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You haven't suffered as a Bears fan until you've lived in the Upper Peninsula in the late 1990s.

As if it wasn't bad enough dealing with Packer fans gloating about their Super Bowl glory (or serving you Green and Gold-colored pancakes at fundraisers), you also took shit from Lions fans whose teams were, for once, better than the Bears in that era.

Not that I'm still bitter or anything ...

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

But at least you can get pasties!

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Damn straight. Some of them are almost the size of a football.

That's how Yooper Packer fans get their padding, along with some Strohs.

Draft saved Draft deleted