1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beadle to NBC

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by podunk press, May 10, 2012.

1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

She leaves ESPN to go to NBC and eventually become an Access Hollywood host.

Don't feel strongly one way or the other about her, but the Sports by Brooks Tweet got my attention.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't that same guy break that Van Pelt had agreed to stay with ESPN, too? Yesterday, maybe.

3. BlackBerry

BlackBerry New Member

SportsbyBrooks is a hack in the worst degree. Guy just throws stuff to the wall and hopes it sticks. About 50 percent of the time, it does.

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

This would make him significantly more accurate than ESPN. Say what you will about him - and as someone who wrote for him, I have mixed feelings myself - but it's tough to argue that he doesn't have some very good sources who typically get him some solid information.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If true -- and it's still up in the air, it seems -- I look forward to her interview on the Dan Patrick show.

6. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

this

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That sucks, if true. I'd like to see her stay with sports. I like her a lot, but I'll never see her on most NBC shows.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, ESPN really missed the boat with her...she's the most genuine talent on the network.

9. VJ

VJ Member

Yeah, no.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No doubt, an awesome talent whose abilities span the range from A to B.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

She might be the most annoying talent at ESPN.

12. printit

printit Member

any more word on whether she is going to NBC?

Draft saved Draft deleted