1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beach Blanket Bingo -- Gulf style...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who cares about a bar? Get drunk on the beach and -- when Mrs. Slappy isn't looking -- hit on girls in bikinis.

Why make this difficult?

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Orange Beach is a good bet....they didn't get too messed up by Katrina. Hurricane Ivan is the one that messed them up in 2004, but I think they've come back pretty strong. I don't know if the Florabama is back yet, but they have a bunch of fun places around there.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Some friends from the paper and I are invading a condo right next to the Flora-Bama on Labor Day. Price isn't too bad, but it'll be split up among a bunch of folks (hopefully to the point of people sleeping on the hideaway bed). We talked to somebody over the weekend that said some of the Flora-Bama is open. You can check their Web site for more information.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dont care if its Destin, Orange Beach, Seaside... clean, on the beach and relatively cheap....

And Ace, if I hit on the girls in bikinis, it wouldnt be the only hit in the equation...

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Pensacola Beach took a hell of a whack from Ivan, but if it's back, it woud be cool.

If you are willing to look east of Destin (but still within driving distance) ...

Cape San Blas has a great beach, especially the state park, but next to zilch in the way of nightlife. Mexico Beach is a little more advanced (handfiul of restaraunts and bars) but still pretty sleepy. It's also a short drive from PCB. Appalachicola and Carrabelle have lots of places to eat and some funky, colorful dives, but no beach (you have to go to nearby St. George Island for that).

Really, you should have taken her to the volleyball and tried to pawn it off as a beach trip. ;)

7. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

slappy -- orange beach will keep you out of trouble. Don't be so cheap -- go the distance.

8. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

my mom's best friend has a condo in gulf shores at island winds, just to the right of the T off hwy 59. it's just fine and moderately priced. and the best part? within stumbling distance of my favorite bar down there, the pink pony pub. was just there a couple weeks ago. gulf shores is in decent shape. LOTS of construction in the orange beach area, but there are numerous options.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Gulf Shores is getting back on its feet. Went down in April '05 for my friend's wedding, and the place looked like hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted