1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be Careful...

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bamabelle2k15, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Guy

The Guy New Member

Well, he's seen this thread. He checked it out about 25-30 minute ago. Apparently, he doesn't feel it's in his best interest to reply.

2. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

And there is your proof from two people. I just want to make sure that no one else gets mixed up in this mess without doing your homework first. I have yet to find proof that this person exist or any of the people who claims to work for or have invested in this company. He is threatening slander.

3. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

ooooooooo a whole $50 and that's all I got too LMAO like I said y'all be careful

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

5. The Guy

The Guy New Member

Anyone else find it weird that both parties are still referring to each other but acting like the other isn't in the chat?

6. The Guy

The Guy New Member

Oh wait, never mind. I no longer feel like a mediator.

7. Lamar Green

Lamar Green New Member

But no question about it. Once this legal part is over I will defend myself. I have 5 rocks and have not thrown one yet.

8. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

I have NOTHING to gain from this. I just know how hard it is to get started in this business and how people will take advantage of you if you don't pay attention to the signs. I didn't pay attention to the signs or do a good background check on this person or this company and I got burned. I don't want this to happen to anyone else. I am the cautionary tale of what NOT to do when doing a job search. As you can tell and he just admitted, he hasn't paid but two people. So there you go.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Seems like paying people should not be that difficult.

bamabelle2k15 likes this.
  10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

This thread made me think, when is our next SJ.com OUTING?

11. bamabelle2k15

bamabelle2k15 Member

exactly my point. if you have the money, there wouldn't be an issue. This is Tuesday, pay day was Friday

12. The Guy

The Guy New Member

How long did you work to have earned $2,000 without going unpaid? Surely not two weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.