1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Be careful what you put in your mouth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shoeless Joe, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

CLINTON - Two Clinton High School students who engaged in oral sex in school were suspended until Friday, while a student caught with tobacco for a third time was expelled for a year.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/dec/16/discipline-disparities/

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Big difference. The blower swollowed, while the tobacco user spit juice all over the ground, leaving more to clean up.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One is a drug.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I think it's funny because when I was in high school, we got 10 minutes between classes so the students could go out back to the designated smoking areas to smoke. After my senior year, it stopped because someone finally caught on that while you had to be 18 to smoke, they were giving 14-year-olds smoke breaks.

I've never been a smoker, but I certainly would have taken an oral sex break in high school. ;D

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One thing to think about, though, is suspending a student for a year going to make that student a better person?

Was the can of dip or pack of smokes causing any real potential danger to fellow students?

The year suspension for smokes is crazy. Give them a week.
    Booze? One week.
    Pot? Two weeks (I know, I know)

Meth? 365 days
    Herion? 365 days
    Coke? 365 days
    A knife? 365 days
    A gun? forever

Draft saved Draft deleted