1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BCS title game thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 7, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Typical Republican. This guy probably thought Romney was going to win too. [/NateSilver]

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think ND is at a disadvantage running a 3-4 against Bama. A&M jumped around from 3 to 4 man D line . 4 man was very effective in keeping Bama guards covered and off the LB's.

It will be interesting to see what adjustments that ND has made to counteract.

Did not work for LSU but I would force Bama to throw the ball and make McCarron beat ya.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not quite that delusional... :D

What probability does Silver give Notre Dame of carrying Florida tonight? :D

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, if they beat Alabama, they'll carry Florida all right.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's a bit wishy-washy about it.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/a-marquee-b-c-s-matchup-to-be-determined/?hp

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Only way I see Notre Dame winning is in a low-scoring slugfest. Even then, Alabama's the best O-line the Irish defense has faced all year.

Bama 14-10.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Oh, and what the hell ... I'll crossthread.

SportsJournalists.com poll voters -- final ballots are needed by tomorrow morning! :D

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The only "fans" who would drone about such things are perhaps Gator fans.

If there were Tennessee fans or Georgia fans or LSU fans or Texas A&M fans or Vanderbilt fans or Ole Miss fans or any other "SEC fans" droning about it . . . I sure never heard it.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have yet to hear any SEC fans saying anything like this, but I keep seeing lots of people from other regions who claim SEC fans are saying things like this.

As for the game, this Alabama team is weaker than the two previous Saban championship teams. In some ways, it may be the most flawed Saban team since the 7-6 team his first season. But all that matters is whether they are the best team tonight, and I just don't see how the Irish have a good enough offense to win. And expecting Golson to run wild against Bama because Manziel did it is like expecting a factory-spec Mustang to break 200 mph because an Indy car did it before. Put me down for 27-10 Alabama, which includes a defensive touchdown.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Does Vanderbilt's coach qualify as a fan?

I also recall Kirk Herbstreit saying, before everything shook out, that it would be an "interesting debate" or something along those lines if it was between a one-loss SEC team and an undefeated Notre Dame team for the second spot. At that time, the presumption was K-State or Oregon for the first spot, so the SEC was in serious danger of being shut out of the game.

11. koolbreeze

koolbreeze Member

I anticipate a great game ...

Irish 20, Tide 17

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No, he qualifies as a coach who used the one ballot he actually cared about to play whatever mind games he wanted with his team. Next.

Draft saved Draft deleted